About Me

My photo
I spent most of my life in trouble for one thing or another and I feel rather comfortable with others who have also had a hard time. I'm not ashamed of being different. I am proud to have a mind of my own and my own way of doing things. I do sometimes wish others would leave me be and stop trying to turn me into someone that I'm not. I've been called cynical and distant, but really those people don't know me. Bigotry, loud repetative noise, greed, lies, and lack of seriousness/focus gets under my skin like nothing else. This is only a small portion of who I am, since I change like the moon changes phases.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Wretched Path

Like a statue in the night, there is no thought. I lie there in darkness, when suddenly my eyes open. Blinded by the light shining through. I see my path. It is overgrown with thorns that are as sharp as knives. The stone walkway is covered in creeper vines. This is the path I have always known. Always doing things the hard way. A light at the other end beckons for me to continue. Flesh, blood, and bone wearing down as I stand here. Fear cementing my dying limbs in place. Unable to move. Just when all seems lost, I see it. A black rose lingering amongst the thorns. One day, I will get to you. My black rose. My happiness. My everything. One day I will no longer need to search. I will no longer need to struggle to keep going. A zombie I have become. A walking corpse will I be til I find what I seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment